Last revised: February 4, 2021
THE CCPA AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS
When it applies, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants California residents increased control over their personal information.
This CCPA privacy notice is for such California residents to the extent the CCPA applies to ECP Environmental Growth Opportunities Corp. (“ENNV”). It provides the details you need to understand regarding rights that you might have under the CCPA, and how to exercise those rights. It also provides you with the contact information you need if you are able to take action regarding the privacy of your data.
Defining Personally Identifiable Information
Various laws and regulations (including the CCPA) use different terms and definitions for information about individuals that is personal and should be protected. Some laws and regulations consider only very limited types of information to be protected and private. Others include much broader categories. The CCPA sets out obligations and rights in relation to “personal information”, meaning information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household.
Types of Collected Personal Information
ENNV collects some personal information about you. This section describes the categories of personal information that are collected, as well as the categories of sources for obtaining that personal information, and the purpose for collecting it.
Personal Information Categories
The personal information we collect from you consists of the following categories:
• Full Name
• Email Address
• Other personal information you voluntarily provide when contacting us
Information from Cookies
• IP Address
• Operating System and Browser
• Your Interactions with our Website
• Websites you Visit Before and After Ours
Sources of Personal Information
By accessing the ENNV website, we obtain information from you. Additional information may be provided by you directly when requested by us or our affiliates or indirectly by ENNV’s service providers (including by example, underwriters, brokers, trustees, legal advisors and accountants).
Purpose for Collecting Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information to::
• Contact and communicate with you or your designated representative by phone, email, fax, or mail
• Providing you with products and services, enhance user experience, and analyze trends
• Internal marketing and research
• Comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations and to protect or defend the ENNV Site, our rights and the rights of others
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell personal information about you to third parties and have not done so in the past 12 months.
In the past 12 months, we have not shared personal information with third parties. However, we may share the categories of personal information outlined in the “Types of Collected Personal Information” section above for the following purposes:
• Within ENNV and our affiliates and subsidiaries for data processing or storage purpose
• With business partners and service providers, such as our data analytics providers our cloud services provider and our CRM provider to help operate our business and send marketing and other communications
• To comply with applicable law, subpoena or other judicial process, to respond to summons or other requests from law enforcement, government authorities, judicial orders or other third parties and to exercise or defend legal claims
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, divestiture, restricting, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our business, which may involve us disclosing information to other corporate entities, professional advisors and other third parties in connection with such activities
• in connection with our receipt of professional services, which may involve us disclosing information to professional advisors (including as examples, our lawyers, brokers, underwriters, trustees, accountants and auditors)
• with your consent or direction
The CCPA may provide you with certain rights in regard to what we do with your personal information. This section details those rights, how to exercise them, and what ENNV will do in response.
You may have the right to request that we disclose to you, free of charge, the categories and specifics of the personal information we collect about you. We require a verifiable request from you to ensure that it is, in fact, you or someone authorized to act on your behalf who is requesting such a disclosure. Once we verify the request, we will provide that information to you. We may request specific information from you (such as a copy of your government issued ID) to help us confirm your identity and process your request. An authorized agent may make a request on your behalf by providing written permission signed by you.
Your request for disclosure can apply to any such personal information mentioned in the previous paragraph for as much as twelve months preceding your request. Be advised that we are not required to disclose such information about the personal information we collect about you more than twice in a twelve-month period.
Following our verification of your request, we will disclose to you, unless ENNV is permitted to deny your request or is otherwise restricted by law or regulation:
1. The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
2. The categories of personal information we have collected about you
3. The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
4. The business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information
5. The categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information
Deletion of Personal Information
Where provided by law, you may have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. Following our verification of your request, we will comply with your request and delete any or all of your personal information in our possession that we collected from you, unless ECP is otherwise legally permitted to retain or is otherwise restricted by law or regulation.
Non-Discrimination for Exercising Your Rights
We follow the requirements of California Civil Code §1798.125, and will not discriminate against any consumer who exercises the rights set forth in this privacy notice.
Contacting Us to Exercise Your Rights
You may contact us in order to exercise any of your rights set forth in this privacy notice by calling this toll-free number 1-833-ECP-ENNV (1-833-327-3668) or by contacting ENNV at firstname.lastname@example.org.